Remember when you were younger and you got invited to sleepovers? How excited were you being able to go to someone else’s house?! It was like a mini adventure. Almost like a safari of learning how other animals live in their natural habitat. You would pack the bare essentials like your favourite toys to play with and you were off. But as the years flew by your little backpack of “bare essentials” became a trunk of unwavering ammunition. Nowadays by the time you even get to your friend’s house, your back is out because of all the shit you’ve packed and you are ready to fall asleep. My how times have changed!
About a month ago my good friend invited me to sleep over because she got a new puppy! Awwww! I sleep there because I don’t like travelling late at night by myself anymore and her place is a bit of a mission to manoeuvre my way to and from now that I’ve moved. If I had a car in this country, things would be so much easier. Anyhow, the night before I always pack my stuff. And the amount of shit I take is ridiculous. Bear in mind that I only go for one night!
So without further ado…
- I of course need my fluffy bunny slippers. They’re grey and super cute.
- I need to get bottles of water because they (her and her boyfriend) drink tap water. Is that snobby? Well, I don’t mean to be picky but tap water isn’t the greatest. And if there was a study to prove that the water in London isn’t the best I would show it. In fact I will do some research on the subject. Plus it tastes funny! And YES, water has a taste!
- I have to pack my 50 billion vitamin/mineral pills. I now have a pill for everything. Vitamin C, B12, Cod Liver Oil, Spirulina, Sea Kelp, Evening Primrose Oil, Aloe Vera Juice…. The list could go on. But these are my go-to pills with the exception of the Aloe Vera Juice. That stuff makes you shit like 10 times a day! So no, I don’t feel like shitting all the time at my friends house.
- Coconut oil so I can do my oil pulling.
- Obviously toothbrush and toothpaste.
- Pj’s and a comfy zip-up.
- Extra socks and undies. I don’t know what I’m thinking with this one. However, I will be ok if The Walking Dead hit London for real though.
- The current book I’m reading for fun. I don’t even read one single page.
- The current book I’m reading for my course. Because, you know, I’m going to my friend’s house to study. This one is ridiculous. But that book goes with me everywhere.
- My Samsung Tablet so I can fall asleep to some noise.
- My olloclip. Which is also with me at all times.
- My old iPhone 4s. It’s dead, I haven’t charged it. Yet, I carry it with me.
- My old sony IXUS compact camera that I don’t use anymore. But, once again, you just never know.
- My passports. Yes plural. These ones have just been sitting in my bag for aeons. So they come with me everywhere too. You know, I might be jetting off somewhere. Hahaha! Oh I do make myself chuckle. I’m broke, so I don’t know where I would jet off to.
- My facial cleansers are a must along with my night creams and rosemary oil concoction for my eyebrows.
- And then there’s the essential stuff like a change of clothes, hair brush, contact lenses, wallet, some jewellery and headphones.
I mean it’s ridiculous isn’t it?! Yes, yes it is. The funny thing is that all the above stuff is taken when it’s a quiet night in. It doubles when we go out to places.
If it were up to me, I would also bring my own pillow and duvet from home. Ah man, I wish I was a kid again!